Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm back/auditions!

hey everybody! it's L-A-N-I-E hereeee! Yes, I am BACK! It feels so good to be posting again! I think I will post once a day now :) School is almost over, but they want to fit in our school play on the last day of schooool!

Yesterday we had try-outs, and I think I did pretty well!

We all sat in a line for hours outside waiting for our turn. Kanani sat beside me, and Chrissa was right next to her. Matt kept texting me things like:

Matt: Good luck!
Lanie: thanks hunn :) :) <3
Matt: I'm sure you'll do GR8.
Lanie: i sure hope so :P
Matt: well, i KNOW so..keep up the good work!
Lanie: thx <3
Matt: Chrissa txted me saying u were amazing when you were going over ur lines!
Lanie: ur waaayyy too sweeettt!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3
Matt: anything 4 u sweeetie :)
Lanie: okay now ur sweetness is creeping me out LOL :)
Matt: haha. so, when r u going to audition?
Lanie: idk, like, 15 mins?
Matt: awesome. break a leg!
Lanie: gee, thanks?
Matt: hahaha, theatre talk for good luck...not literal :)
Lanie: ohhhh...i feel stupid!
Matt: awww, u culd nvr be stupid mufffinnn
Lanie: thanks muffin <3

Kanani leaned over my shoulder and looked at my texts.
"Eww..." she said, "Too gooshy."

I just giggled and set my phone down. I picked up my some of the paper in my Louis Vuitton purse. Then I started to jot down some ideas for my next article in the school newspaper.

"LANIE CAITLYN HOLLAND, PLEASE REPORT TO THE STAGE FOR YOUR AUDITION!" a man's voice bellowed in the speakers. I sent a quick text to Matt as Kanani patted my back.

Lanie: im goin in. :)

I opened the doors to the stage in the gym quickly replaying the lyrics of the song I was singing for them (click HERE for the song I was singing--Overboard by JB feat. Miley Cyrus)

The lights on the stage were BLINDING. The "observers" were just shapes in the darkness.

I took a deep breath and started to sing...

--------------------------------------

I walked out of the doors and Mia was waiting there to give me a hug. "When will we find out who got the parts?" I asked her.

"Next Tuesday. Come on, let's go get some icecream at Friendly's!" she responded.

-------------------------------------------

Ya, so that was basically my day yesterday...wish meh luckkk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment